Bookish Q&A 2020

I have wanted to do a little Q&A on my blog for a little while now but never felt confident enough to ask people to send in some questions however I said to myself 'Go for it' and just asked. I posted to my Twitter asking for questions and people delivered. I am going to be separating the questions so I can Link every ones Twitter who sent in questions for me to answer.

@WhatReadingDoes 

1. If you could only read ONE author for the rest of your life, who would it be?
That is actually a tough question but thinking about it, I reckon Christina Henry would be that one author because I absolutely LOVE her writing and she is a immediate buy for me whenever she releases something new. - I highly recommend her Alice Chronicles series.

2. What do you do to get out of a reading slump?
I figured I don't really do anything specifically to get out of my slumps, but If I get so deep into one and really want to read a book, I have in the past read an old favourite that's light and easy to get through or watch BookTube videos to get my mind thinking about books.

3. Who's your favourite BookTuber?
This is a tough question too, I love a lot of booktubers out there but my long time favourite has to be Sasha Alsberg. - I met her when she came to London once and she was absolutely lovely!

@Bookchocaholic

4. What writing styles do you like?
Honestly I have no idea, I know I really enjoy Narrative in the first person. I don't know if it counts towards this question but I love both character and plot driven stories too.

@ParadiseofPages

5. What is your favourite comfort book?
It depends on what it means by 'comfort' - I would probably say Me Before You by Jojo Moyes because it wasn't something I found to be over the top, whilst it made me cry and feel other emotions I found it comforting to read still because it was a beautiful story. - I gave it 5 stars when I read it in 2016.

@SuperLaurenLove

6. Have you met any authors?
Yes. I have met two authors but cannot for the life of me remember their names. One was last year and one was when I was much younger before I started getting into reading as much as I do now.

7. All time favourite Character?
This is difficult because I love a lot of characters from books but one I love the most might just have to be Eric from Divergent...I mean.. who doesn't love a bad boy...

8. Are you joining any upcoming readathons?
No. I haven't ever actually participated in readathons mostly because I haven't had the time. However Easter weekend me and my friend Jemma are sort of going to be doing one where we just binge read two books we have on a list for buddy reading together which will be lovely.

9. Are you organised with blog posts and Instagram or more go with the flow?
I'd love to be able to say I am organised but I am most definitely not with either. I want to be more organised mainly with my blog but I can never stick to a schedule for long...

@Bookslovereade1

10. What's the first book you remember reading?
Any of the Horrible Histories books for sure. I used to and still do love those books.

11. Favourite Series?
I have a few favourite series so I will only name 2. The first is one that got me into reading again in 2015, that being The Divergent Trilogy. The second is Christina Henry's Alice Chronicles.

12. Favourite Author?
Christina Henry.

13. Why did you create a blog?
I started my blog for a couple reasons, one was for sharing my book reviews and the other was to fill my time on maternity leave.

14. Are you a bookmark user or do you turn down the pages of your books?
Personally I do use bookmarks. I don't like how the folds look in the books. I did however used to be someone who dog eared my books growing up.

15. What's the one thing you dislike about tropes?
I dislike that tropes tend to make certain books in specific genres the same despite it being a different book as a whole. I find this more in the fantasy books I have read and the contemporary too.

@shybookmermaid

16. What is your childhood favourite book?
Definitely book 6 of The Series of Unfortunate Events. I read that cover to cover a million times growing up and still love it to this day!

17. What books do you wish were out when you were younger? That would have helped you through a tough time.
Honestly I have no idea. Whilst I liked books growing up I didn't love them as much as I do now so I don't think I could pick a book or books for this question!

18. If you could have two authors collaborate on a book, who would it be?
Christina Henry & probably Sara Shepard because I think they could make a very interesting YA horror mystery thriller together.

19. Quick! Pick a book that has your favourite colour on it!
Heartstopper by Alice Oseman for the colour Green.
The Twisted Tree by Rachel Burge for the colours Black & White

@Joannotations

20. Where is your favourite reading spot?
I love reading in bed. It's cozy and warm.

@paperbackbex

21. If you were to host your own readathon what would you call it?
I wouldn't even know where to begin with choosing a name for it. It took me quite a while to come up with my user name for my bookstagram but I would most likely include my user name 'abooksneverland' in the name somewhere!

22. Favourite character you love to hate?
I realise now sitting here writing this blog I have no idea who I would pick for this.. sorry!

23. Not so popular opinion or an opinion that goes against the reading trend?
This question has made me realise I pretty much agree with all the popular opinions I have seen out there.. Maybe one unpopular opinion I have is that I didn't enjoy the book 'A Court of Thorns and Roses' by Sarah J. Maas. I don't know why but I know it is quite popular within the book community!

24. Best bookish holiday you have been on? or one you'd like to do?
I don't really understand what this question means but if it's what I think it might be then I'd personally love to go to a little cabin somewhere beautiful with a bunch of friends to just sit around for a week or weekend reading and chatting about the books we read!

@itsjustjayati

25. What are some of your bookish OTP's? 
Tris & Four - Divergent.
Magnus & Alec - Mortal Instruments.
Peter & Lara Jean - To All The Boy's I've Loved Before.

@readerinvelaris

26. What's a book you would recommend to someone that is trying to get into reading?
I have a couple for different Genre's.
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Classic)
Divergent by Veronica Roth (Dystopian YA)
A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson (Mystery/Thriller YA)

Thank you to everyone who sent me questions!

Comments