The Princess Bride by William Goldman

What's it about? Fencing. Fighting. True Love. Strong Hate. Harsh Revenge. A Few Giants. Lots of Bad Men. Lots of Good Men. Five or Six Beautiful Women. Beasties Monstrous and Gentle. Some Swell Escapes and Captures. Death, Lies, Truth, Miracles, and a Little Sex.

Rating: 5/5 stars.
Started: 02/03/2020
Finished: 05/03/2020

I read this alongside my friend Jemma as a buddy read. {Jemma's Links - Twitter / Instagram / Blog} I really enjoyed reading this and knew I would love it as much as I loved the movie.

For this review I honestly have no idea what I want to write so this will be a short and sweet review. The characters were absolutely perfect to me. In my mind I could only picture the actors/ actresses from the movie whilst reading but I thought that was amazing. It is a book that I would most definitely recommend for people to give it a little read. The only part I found difficult was all the 'Author Notes' within the chapters a they took me away from the flow of the story. Instead of reading them during the story, after me and Jemma reached the parts we agreed to read to I went back and read the notes then instead. Doing that didn't lower my rating at all.

I think it would be a book I would read to my son when he is older as well. I would also reread it to myself again at some point.

{I will leave a link to Jemma's review when she has posted it}

Comments